Deleting members

U3A Central Coast

Deleting members

Post by U3A Central Coast » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm

Is it possible to fully delete a member? People join up more than once, then don't pay and no longer want to be a part of the organisation for whatever reason. How do they become non-members? If I delete them the status still appears to be Full. What is the best way to handle this so that members no longer get omail? Margaret Ward Central Coast

nswadmin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting members

Post by nswadmin » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:33 am

I am sorry it took a little bit to reply as I needed to gather all the information.

First of all the way the program is programed according to developers (that was implemented by Ken Steel) "that currency is determined by whether the record has been updated for the year, irrespective of payment status". I suggested we revisited this again and maybe add another option to change this behaviour or make it optional. This will take some time for code to be altered.

What I can suggest in the meantime is when you delete member you can use "Members" module in the administrator area to change membership status to Non. This will solve the issue with member being viewed as full for omail.

You also mentioned that sometimes members register twice and end up with multiple entries. What you can do is use Merge Duplicates option in the admin area to merge them into one record before deleting and setting status to Non.

Hope that helps.

U3A Central Coast

Re: Deleting members

Post by U3A Central Coast » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks Elena. Have used the merge but didn't think of the other solution. That's good.